The Catcher in the Rye

Hi Hedgehogs!

Have you ever read a book that changed the way you see the life?
I did... well I'm not exactly sure that it changed how i see the life, I thing that some of that mood was always there, this book just make me racionalice it.

The Catcher in the Rye from J.D. Sallinger is a realistic novel about a moment in the life of Holden Caulfield, a fiction character that tells you the story in first person. I read it when i was 15 years old, for the school. I was the only one in my class to finish it.

This novel is very popular between young people, especially those who lived their youth in the beggining of the century. The reason is mostly cause the themes of the novel are about comming-of-age, the alienation and the society in general.

Personally, the reason of why I love this book is cause it was so easy to identify myself by the main character, I mean... i'm totally a Holden Caulfield in life.

The title of the novel cames from a question that other character ask to Holden, about what he wanted to do when he finally grow up... Holden says that he see himself as a guardian of children that are playing in a big rye field on the edge of a cliff. He would be the catcher in the rye, the one who catch those kids if their to close to falling of the cliff... In Holden minds that means to save the childrens from loss their childhood... their innocence.

Realistic novel are not really my favourite gender, but this book is a hughe cultural influence, for me it was impossible not to love it.

Fun fact: The autor says that he would never want a movie about his book, and at the moment of publishing he didn't want the cover with a image of Holden, the book must only have the title in the cover.

I guess thats it.
Have you guys read this novel?
Did you like it?

See ya!






Comments

  1. I had heard about this book, it is a great author , like the relation between the main character with the reader .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven´t read it but it sounds very interesting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Job of my Dreams

A Holiday