Sweet Was The Walk



Hi Hedgehogs!

Sweet was the walk along the narrow lane
At noon, the bank and hedge-rows all the way
Shagged with wild pale green tufts of fragrant hay...

That are the  first three verses on the poem "sweet was the walk" by William Wordsworth.

I don't exactly remember how I get to this poem, but I know it was on high school. My memory is kind of dumb this days... I'm sorry... Actually I coudn't remember all of the poem, I always just remember that firts frase "Sweet was the walk", I guess it's because it touch some kind of nerve, or feeling... it touch something inside of me...

I like to walk.
There's a voice... that, when I'm overwalmed it tells me... "Just take a walk".
So today I'm going to talk you about a Walk. A walk I would like to do again.

It was on the spring of 2010.
My family an I were living on the outside of the city of melipilla, in a zone named Puangue. Behind our little wood house on the meadow it was a small hill, where cows and horses pastured.

I used to walk around, playing with my toys (I was kind of like Andy of Toy Story).

2010 was a very trasforming year on my life. The heartquake, the death of my grandfather, the death of a friendly cow that use to visit us, I was leaving behind my religious life and accepting my sexuality... I was twelve, and I didn't have many friends... so I still played with Toys and action figuries. But in one of those walks i left my toys at home, there was this strange felling... I didn't want to play anymore... So I just walked, thinking about life meaning and that stuff... Of course I was just a naive boy on a process... The current me, probably would hit that guy for being so stupid... Anyway, That day my walk get extended, i found this empty stonewell ... I looked the bottom a long time, like i was seing my own loneliness... And then I came back home. But in the way back I found a plant that usually grows on that fields, It's like a big strong dandelion. I took a stick and hit that plants over and over and a lot of dandelion seeds went flying through the sky in a spectacular scene.

That day was the day when i stopped playing with toys. It's like that day I left my childhood. Or I feel it that way. It was a sweet walk.

I always remember that walk cause it changed me. And a part of me really want to do it again, maybe cause i need a new change in my life, and that was the biggest one.

Sorry for the nostalgic story.
Promise you a nice one, someday.
Tell me, Do you have a walk you remember?

See ya!







Comments

  1. Sounds like it was a walk down the path of enlightenment:) It will be the first of many (life is like that). However, as the saying goes, the first is the most memorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Catcher in the Rye

The Job of my Dreams

A Holiday